Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kookaburra

I wanted to share the sound of the kookaburra with you. This morning they were laughing in the trees behind the house and I finally got their "song" on my videocam, although I could not see the birds themselves.
I could have posted this video here, but that makes no sense. There is nothing important to see, and besides that, a normal video is too large (we are limited in our up- and download capacity).
I ripped just the sound from the video I just made (using AoA Audio Extractor) and saved it in a separate mp3 file. But discovered a new problem: Blogger does not allow to upload mp3 files.
So I got a single picture of a Kookaburra I made before and in Windows Moviemaker I added the just recorded mp3 file and made a new movie with just one picture. Nice and small file compared to the original movie.
I hope this works (press the little arrow under the picture and have your volume up).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Die moeten ze hier in Vlissingen ook eens loslaten!
Lekker dat jullie voorlopig bij KM kunnen zitten. Zoentje van Coentje

Athy said...

Wat goed, de foto van de kooaburra
"merry merry king of the bush is he"...
Hoe het moet weet ik nog niet, maar ik ga proberen bij dat geluid te komen.
Nu ga ik eerst een weekendje op mijn kleingrut passen, twee zanglijstertjes. Groetjes.

Athy said...

Jawel, ik heb ze gehoord, wat leuk
en bedankt voor de moeite!

Anonymous said...

Nou Jan ik heb hem of haar gehoord,
apart, maar ik denk nog mooier als je ze in de vrije natuur hoort.
Is nu alles rustig bij jullie?

Groetjes, en kusje van je zusje Mieke!