Saturday, September 18, 2010

Drivers Licence

The next step in my Aussie adventure. I got my Queensland Drivers Licence.
The Licence is used here not only for what it is intended, but it is the major ID (Identification) for any occasion where an ID is needed. At he bank, for Medicare, Hospital, etc. you will be asked for your drivers-licence. People always doubted what to do if I showed them my pink Dutch drivers-licence as if it was my Membership to "Gay Australia", and I do not always have my passport with me.
That is solved now. I have my own Aussie licence, issued by the local Police Officer on his antique Polaroid card "suitcase". He even registered the card on our new address.

5 comments:

Jan Rein Hettinga said...

Wel een beetje een boevenkop op die pasfoto...

Mieke said...

Jij zegt het, ik dacht het!!!

Jan said...

gaan we die toer op?

marieke said...

er is dadelijk niets nederlands meer van je over!
Een echte aussie

Anonymous said...

Mijn God wat is de familie eensgezind.Ik zal niks meer zeggen Nan